Friday 4 March 2011

Put on your dancing shoes...

... Aka; Shoe lust!

Seriously guys, you have no idea how much fun (see; torment!) I had trying to pick a name for this post.  Sometimes my habit of using song titles/lyrics in place of regular names for blog posts turns from a bit of a quirk, to being straight out annoying to decide on!  Only this time it was the sheer amount of shoe related lines rather than the lack of them.  Nothing wrong with a bit of old school arctic monkeys though. As much as I hate to admit it through the epic generic indie-ness, I still love their older stuff!  


Pt 1- Heelz so high

So... Back on topic!  Mmmm shoes.  I may not dress like your typical high heel coveting, platform wearing girly girls, but my god trust me I can be the world's worst shoe fiend at times!  Despite the fact that at any given time I'll be rocking either battered tan oxford brogues, studded Chelsea boots, or my much loved bottle green velvet Doc Martens (note the recurring flatness theme!), even for a night out... buried amongst piles of clothes and various junk in the shit tip of my bedroom is a high heel collection to rival any wannabe fashionista and girl about town.

ALL OF THEM!  I neeeed them.  Okay maybe not the pink ones so much, but still.


Considering this, there's absolutely NO need for me to buy any more shoes that I'll only wear to prance around the house in after telling myself "I WILL wear these, I CAN justify buying them!" then you guessed it, adding them to the hidden collection.  Problem is, I'm female!  There's no possible way that any chick with an interest in fashion can resist an amazing pair of shoes, even if they well be confined to being worn indoors and just looking pretty on a shelf.  I usually manage to restrain myself, but after rediscovering my love for Paloma Faith (specific post coming soon, don't you worry!) after her performance on Jason Manford's comedy rocks show and remembering her amazing shoe collection, the fiend in me was reborn and I've spent the last few days frantically searching the internet for the next pair of sky high heels to grace my feets.

I think my best discovery aside from the asos and office sales in an upcoming post, was the website http://www.heelzsohigh.co.uk/, seriously I'm in love!  Now a lot of them are your typical market stall trashy shoes, and 'stripper heels'  but there's some absolute gems hidden away on there, and all at a pretty affordable price!  The best part!  The majority I've seen have been under the £20 mark with the most expensive pair being £27.99, although still cheaper than I've seen the same pair for on various other websites.  Colourful platform heels galore!  The best part is for the majority of their collection, each pair is availible in a number of colours.   So no more "oh I like these, but I'd prefer them in _____" deliberations.

Purple snakeskin Gladiator platform- £10.99!

Navy glitter platform- £19.99... Budget Bordellos?!  YES PLEASE!

Yellow Mary Jane platforms- £27.99
It seems recently my taste in shoes/clothing has became a little more saturated, drifting over from my usual dark colours and black and grey mix.  I'm not even sure why I'm so taken with these 3 pairs in particular but all I know is I have a major case of shoe lust!  Thankfully this one kind of agrees with the piss poor state of my bank balance right now!  No purchase made just yet, but emails have been sent enquiring on when they'll have my size back in stock in the yellow pair in particular.  They may be stripper heels on a technicality, but somehow the cheery yellow shade makes them more of a quirky skyscraper heel purchase, rather then the probably intended 'slutty bumblebee'.  Swings and roundabouts, hey!

All I know is these need to get on my feet.  ASAP!

There's no place like home... Red glitter mary jane 'Dorothy' shoes £24.99


http://www.heelzsohigh.co.uk/



3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS. I'm bookmarking this website because you know ive wanted those platforms for ages! I'm also lusting after the glittery mary janes so badly.
    Do you know wh their sizes are like? Because i have awkward feet and ALWAYS have problems with sizing. Might be worth an email i reckon!
    <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red of black of the mary janes are cheaper on chockers I think!
    That's what I was thinking with the sizes though, I'm like between a 5 and a 6. I emailed though to ask about new stock of the yellow ones and asked whether they're true to size and whatnot, so fingers crossed. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weeeyyy excellent! And i'm between a five and 6 too! I have penguin feet, they're as short as a 5 but have the width of a six, thus sometimes 5's arent wide enough. I HAVE CHOAD FEET.

    ReplyDelete