Friday 25 February 2011

The Irony of Dying On Your Birthday.. AKA; Milly's 20, Let's go and drink until we can't talk....


As the title suggests, it was Milly's birthday this week!  Tuesday to be exact.  Soooooo, seeing as she's fricking awesome and one of the best chicks I've met, ever, I decided to brave Yorkshire and the 2 hour trip to go see her for this momentous occasion!  Pretty proud of myself for not managing to miss any of the trains or buses, AND managing to get there in one piece (even if my feet were about to give way after standing up for the whole of the second train).  Either way, I doubt anything would've made much of a difference, well not enough to detract from what a BLOODY AWESOME time that was had.


I never really go out with girls, and since I don't live at uni and commute even for nights out, the whole 'girly getting ready and doing makeup' ritual brought back memories of old nights out with the girls from 6th form... just with better company.  Unfortunately, none of the pictures really show my outfit, which I'm not too happy with. :(  I wore a short 'little black dress' with a mesh panel at the top, Wolford rip off 'bondage' printed tights which I managed to find for £10 on eBay, bottle green velvet Doc Marten Boots, and my trusty faux leather biker jacket.  Oh, and black sequined hotpants the lovely Milly gave me to wear under the dress 'just incase', which Will managed to amusingly nickname "the roller derby pants".  


Makeup wise, as far as I remember I just went for a thin line of black liquid liner with silver glitter in it, over the brown and grey eyeshadow I'd been wearing during the day, along with a classic red lip (which conveniently matched my hair perfectly) and light blush/highlight.  I always end up relying on this type of makeup, not that it's a negative.


Commence photo spam of drunken derps and epicness....

Milly hijacks my camera to myspace pose... STANDARD

Something tells me we probably should've opened a window

Me and the wonderful Milly, before the alcohol took control of our expressions.  Hmm....
...And after

Quite possibly the least Asian Japanese tourists, ever

We still have a slight suspicion that Toby may actually be 12

This is the end.. (my only friendddddddd the endddd).  Doors puns aside, end of the night.
Slightly worse for wear, but totally worth it!
So that concludes Tuesday night's carnage.  Absolutely LOVED IT.  Needless to say, as soon as I can afford it and know when to book tickets for, I am getting myself back to to Leeds sharpish!  I never normally bond with anyone that quickly, but I may even go as far as to say that the people I met in that one night for Milly's birthday are better than anyone I've met in Chester in my whole time of living here.  Strong words, but so true.     I'd appreciate if someone would invent a contraption to just stick the group from Leeds, right here in Chester (if anyone says "a train?" I will slap you with a brick), hmph.  I miss Leeds, and I miss the guys.

It may well be 3 days late, but if anyone wants to go and wish Milly an extra happy birthday, by all means go for it, she deserves it!  http://millydarling.blogspot.com

x

2 comments: