Thursday 17 March 2011

Luck of the Irish

Happy St Patrick's day everyone!


For most British students, Paddy's day is always a good time of the year!  The excuse to dress up a little during the day, cheap drinks, Guiness flowing freely <3, and of course the fact that for once it's acceptable to be drunk by 2pm... Even if like me, the Irish blood in you is barely worth mentioning, or not at all!



To me though my favourite part of it is the dressing up part.  I'm not one to go for full Irish themed fancy dress, but as people who know me in person will know well, I absolutely LOVE anything green.  It's like heaven for a day!  This year as I'm not in uni first, I'll be cracking out my forest green American Apparel 'sac dress' and the trusty bottle green velvet covered Doc Marten boots, then going to bask in the fact that it's a day where you're not frowned upon for drinking pints of stout when female and under the age of 40.

I couldn't resist putting today an Emerald Isle themed kit for today!  So many brilliant green pieces around at the moment, whether it be casual or dressy, high street or high end.  Here goes...












1; Lanvin Satin Wrap dress- £1,200 | 2; Bordello Teeze Green Glitter Heels- £54.95 | 3; American Apparel Thigh High Socks- £20 | 4; Miu Miu Polka Dot Blouse- £350 | 5; Gold Plated Shamrock Earrings- $24.99 (irishindeed.com) | 6; Vintage Green Nike Dunk High- £60 | 7; Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Paddy's Irish Pub T Shirt- $24.99 (foxshop.com) | 8; Black Topshop Bodycon Skirt- £16 | 9; 14k Gold Claddagh Ring- $189 (claddaghrings.com) | 10; Lunch At The Ritz 'Luck O The Irish' Bracelet- $80 (amazon.com) | 11; Kate Kanzier Luella Green Suede Brogues- £30 | 12; American Eagle Shamrock Boxers- $12.50 | 13; Yves Saint Laurent Tribtoo Suede Pumps- £565

Absolutely COULD NOT resist throwing the Always Sunny In Philadelphia shirt into the kit.  Definately one of my favourite shows, and even more fitting since it's set in an Irish Pub.  I think if all else fails I'll be curled up with the first 5 series' of this, and a bottle of Magners Irish Cider.  


Irish pub, funny as fuck, and Charlie Day starring in it.  Do you even need any more reasons to watch?!  WILDCARD BITCHES!



I'll be cracking out these babies and doing a little jig (perhaps after a few too many stouts), well after I've been into uni and signed a few dreaded forms.  Especially excited for the green clothing now I'm a redhead, authentic Celtic chic! So eat drink, get green, be merry!  I sure will be.  Happy St Patrick's day wherever you are, or...


"Beannacht Lá Fhéile Pádraig!"


No comments:

Post a Comment