Tuesday 9 November 2010


For me, a good scent can be the key to feeling good, and feeling uplifted; smell good, feel good. Although perfumes do tend to sit into the camps of 'daytime' and 'evening' smells, I personally am not a fan of the light, flowery scents suited to daytime wear, and prefer to go with the heavier evening scents regardless of time and place.

Depending on the time of year, I alternate between a few different perfumes. 2 of these are higher end scents, and the last a cheaper one found in high street store 'next' (this being when I've ran out of the others, since I can't afford to buy them myself and generally recieve them at Christmas and Birthdays).



Givency Very Irresistible.

I'll admit, Initially I chose this one purely because Liv Tyler was on the ad campaigns! But as soon as I smelt it I fell in love, this has to be the only one that I keep going back to as a staple fragrance of mine, and the one that my friends will recognise in stores as being 'Kirsten's smell'. A sweet but heady mix of dark florals, berries and an almost woody oriental blend, a perfect scent for daytime and evening use. Technically a nighttime scent but easily wearable during the day.

Ghost Deep Night.

Another evening scent, though this being a heavier and perhaps harder to wear for some. I however don't mind the strength and musk of it (possibly as I've learnt to get used to it more). Various websites describe it as being a "floral, fruity scent with woody undertones". Despite this, I wouldn't say it was particularly a 'fruity' scent, the woody elements are definately apparent, with a sweet musk and heady floral note coming through, almost resembling a blend of ylang ylang and bergamot in essential oils terms. Definately another very 'me' perfume, not one I'd go for as readily as the aforementioned Givenchy number, but a lovely smell all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment